Legal services to help you create new businesses, new partnerships, new agreements, new franchises, and new ideas (with new energy).
We want to partner with you at the beginning of your greatness. We’re passionate about turning your back-of-the-napkin idea into something real. We want to prepare you for liftoff.
In addition to tackling individual projects of all sorts, many clients are well served by viewing us as their “outside inside counsel.” With affordable, projectable, and consistent availability, we provide value by becoming intimately familiar with you, your business, its culture, its goals, its customers, and its employees, and the legal needs that sprout from there. We want to develop a long-term relationship that lets us help you prioritize (and even minimize) your legal spend, and we want to become part of your decision-making team on matters both huge and miniscule.
We’ll help you Create great things.
We do things like this:
Startup and small-business advising and consulting.
- Advising on the selection and formation of corporations, LLCs, partnerships, and other entities;
- Consulting on corporate governance, including your board of directors, officer matters, and stockholder/voting agreements;
- Preparing documents to organize your company, including bylaws, operating agreements, buy-sell agreements, repurchase agreements, and member control agreements, among many other things;
- Assisting in you in maximizing the ease of operating your company and minimizing the tax implications of your entity selection;
- Consulting on equity allocations and vesting arrangements and restrictions; and
- Drafting stock option plans and agreements.
Franchisor/Franchisee advising and consulting.
- Advising and consulting small businesses seeking the path to franchising;
- Structuring and launching franchises;
- Preparing Franchise Disclosure Documents, Franchise Agreements, Area Development Agreements, and other franchise-related documents; and
- Advising and consulting with entrepreneurs looking to purchase a franchise in all aspects of their new franchised business.
- Creating employee handbooks and other HR policies & procedures;
- Advising and executing discipline, discharge, and investigations;
- Consulting on non-compete, non-solicitation, confidentiality agreements, and other employment-related documents
Conducting business practices audits.
Creating layers of protection for your intellectual property. We evaluate and protect your company's trademarks, service marks, copyrights, and other "soft" intellectual property assets.
We create strong relationships with our clients over time, and aim to discover new ways to practice law in more-efficient, more-effective, and mutually-valuable ways.